Tattoo Removal : Getting Started
Tattoos are a really cool piece of art that most people want to get on their body. There are a lot of people who want to get their body inked but there are a set of unfortunate people who get tattoos for wrong reasons. Out of those people who get these tattoos, nearly 17% of the people regret it either the next morning or sometime later. As soon as they regret it, they either want to get another tattoo to cover this up or they want to learn more about how to remove a tattoo .
Either on a drunk night out or on a moment of madness, a lot of people make bad decisions and go on to get regrettable tattoos. It is a well-known fact that the tattoo industry is a billion dollar industry but a fact not known to many is that the Tattoo removals business makes more than the tattooing business.
This is due to the reason that not a lot of people can be proud of the mistake that they have made or they do not want to explain to each and every person the actions or choices that they have made. Thus, the most common way that the people opt for is to get their tattoo removed and make sure that there is no trace of it.
This way, they get their sense of freedom back. They do not have to worry about the tattoo which is going to cause them a lot of trouble or put them in situations which is going to be really awkward for them to be in.
How To Remove A Tattoo : Most Popular Methods
1. Laserless Tattoo Removal
Laserless Tattoo Removal helps in removing that dreadful tattoo that you want removed from your body quire easily. It can remove the tattoo quite painlessly and inexpensively too. There is no expert needed who is going to charge a huge sum of money just to tell you a couple of details that you might already know.
This is a painless and harmless method of making sure that you take away the unwanted tattoo from your body and leave behind no trace of it at all.
If you have a meeting in a couple of days and have to face your colleagues but you are ashamed of your tattoo, then this method is the best for you. It can work wonders within hours and if it does not work, all you have to do is say it does not work and you get your money back without being asked any questions.
All natural herbs are used in the process to make sure that the ink pigments are broken down and then slowly flushed out of the system. All these ingredients are available even in a local grocery store, with a full ingredient list the process can be done much easier. A step by step and detailed method is provided which makes it easier to remove the tattoos of any shape, size, colour or complexity on any location in the body.
Pros Of Laserless Tattoo Removal
- It is very inexpensive. Sometimes, removing a tattoo may cost you more than what you paid to get the tattoo in the first place. There is no such worry when you opt for this option of getting the tattoo removed. There is no overcharging or overpriced factor which makes it cheap and affordable to everyone who has a tattoo and wants to get it removed permanently without having any trouble.
- There is a 100% guarantee to return the money if the procedure does not work. If you say that the tattoo has not faded, then no questions are asked and the money is refunded.
- It is a quick method. Even when you have a job interview in a few days and have to hide that tattoo, this is the best method that you can go for. Whatever the tattoo size, shape or colour might be, 80-90% can easily be masked in just a few hours.
Cons Of Laserless Tattoo Removal
- As you are doing it all by yourself, there are chances for mistakes to happen. An expert is a person who has a lot of practice and knowledge in the field. So, the work done by them is assured and guaranteed. Since we undertake this method by ourselves, there might be chances of mistakes happening.
- You always have the doubt of whether this option is going to work for you or not. It is human mentality and psychology to doubt anything which is cheaper and easier. Thus, this being a inexpensive and a simpler method, until the tattoo is completely gone you are always going to have some doubts about the method.
2. Laser Tattoo Removal
We’re going into another option which is very popular and it’s the first one I got to know when searching for “how to remove a tattoo ”
Laser Tattoo Removal is a method of removing the tattoo using the application of the theory of selective photothermolysis (SPTL). This method is used to break down the ink into particles which can be naturally over time absorbed by the heat and other conditions so that the tattoo gets removed.
The laser is absorbed by the ink which increases the temperature and breaks down the particle acting like a shock wave. As the ink is broken down into smaller particles or segments, it becomes easier to now remove the tattoo than it was before.
The average cost for a laser tattoo removal appointment ranges from $150-$500 and it does not just end with a single appointment, there might be a couple of appointments which may be scheduled so that the tattoo can be completely removed and to make sure that there is no trace of it.
It is a very painful procedure, it is more painful than the idea of not having the tattoo removed. Laser Tattoo Removal is one of the best industries, as every person who wants to get their tattoo removed is somehow persuaded by the false advertisement of the laser removal clinics. It costs significantly more to have a tattoo removed by the laser method. Even though it uses a lot of scientific methods, it is painful and too costly for a common man to afford.
Pros Of Laser Tattoo Removal
- Since each tattoo is unique. this method can be used to tailor to the needs of the people. Since it is done by an expert who has knowledge in this field, they might have great experience which can help in guiding you.
- It makes sure that the tattoo is absolutely removed. It helps in completely removing the tattoo by making sure that there is no trace of the tattoo and no signs to show that the tattoo was already there.
- As technology is advancing, the equipment used advances with it. With the use of the latest equipment and technology, any tattoo can be possibly removed after some treatments.
Cons Of Laser Tattoo Removal
- It is a very long and lengthy process. It is not something that can make that tattoo disappear within a week or so. It takes a lot of appointments before some significant change can be seen.
- It is extremely expensive, considering the number of appointments needed to make the tattoo completely disappear. Having the tattoo removed by this method can costly nearly more than 10 times of what it cost to get the tattoo which is not a price every person who wants to have a tattoo removed can afford. Banking in on the pain is the motive of these laser tattoo removing clinics.
- It is extremely painful. Not only is there excruciating pain when the process is taking place but there is pain after too. The pain is really high and sometimes there can also be infections or other side effects which may increase the complexities, pain and the cost of the procedure even more.
Side Effects Of Laser Tattoo Removal
There are numerous side effects that are associated with this method of removing the tattoo. One of the most common side effect that can be seen a lot is the discoloration of the skin or Hypopigmentation which causes white spots to rise in the skin. This is more evident in darker skin, it causes white spots and spreads throughout that particular area.
Hyperpigmentation is another side effect where the skin starts getting really darker and the texture of the skin changes altogether, this can be a very dangerous thing if not taken care of.
Blisters are another side effect of the process, due to the heat and the increase in temperature, blisters can be seen after or sometimes even when the procedure is done. It can be really uncomfortable and you have to make sure that you do not break them and then they may heal completely in nearly 2 weeks’ time.
Dermabrasion Tattoo Removal
Dermabrasion Tattoo Removal is a method of tattoo removal that some people opt for when laser removal method does not work for them. In this method, the top layer of the skin is removed so that the layer containing the tattoo ink is exposed which can be useful in removing the tattoo.
The skin is abraded in this deep exfoliation using a high speed brush to reach the layer of the tattoo ink. Once this layer is reached, it becomes easier to remove it as compared to having an extra layer which has to be penetrated to reach the layer contacting the ink.
This is a very extensive treatment which also requires numerous appointments to be made. The actual cost of the procedure depends upon the size of the tattoo which has to be removed. It can cost more than $1000 depending upon the tattoo and the complexities involved with it.
Pros Of Dermabrasion Tattoo Removal
- A lot of times the tattoo cannot be properly removed as there is not proper access to the layer of skin where the tattoo is inked. This method helps in gaining access to the layer of ink. Thus, it becomes easier to remove the tattoo as there is complete access to the layer of ink.
- There is no recovery time needed after each appointment. As soon as the work in the appointment is done, you are fit to carry on with whatever work you have.
- Since complete access is allowed to the layer of skin, it is guaranteed that the tattoo can be completely removed without having much trouble at all.
Cons Of Dermabrasion Tattoo Removal
- It is extremely costly. It takes up a lot of appointments and is usually costlier than the laser method.
- It can leave scars which can be permanent. Since it is opening up of the skin to reach another layer, sometimes there might be some scars during the procedure. Most of the times these scars become permanent.
- It is not a method which is recommended. This is one method which most people, even doctors advise you to stay away from. There are not a lot of benefits from the procedure.
Tattoo Removal Cream
This is a treatment which is becoming popular quickly and is being used by quite a few people who want to learn how to remove a tattoo by themselves at home . As most of the other removal treatments/procedures are painful, people are shifting to this treatment. Using just a cream, the tattoo can be removed.
The main principle behind these creams is that when they are applied to the area, it breaks it down into smaller pigments so that it can gradually fade over time. There are some other creams which use a different kind of principle for this removal method.
Rejuvi Tattoo Removing Cream seems to be a popular cream that is used for tattoo removal these days. This cream is used in certain clinics where it is injected into the skin just the same way a tattoo is done. It even uses a device similar to the tattoo gun for injection known as the Micro-pigmentation pen.
The main thing that this cream does is it binds together all the pigments of the tattoo by doing so, it draws the ink up to the surface of the skin or to the topmost layer. As the skin begins healing, it pushes out the cream onto the surface of the skin where it forms a scab. The scab drops off after a couple of weeks and the whole process is done.
Wrecking Balm Tattoo Removal Cream is another popular cream in the market. This cream uses a completely different principle altogether to make sure that the tattoo is completely removed. This cream can be applied by people and you do not have to go to a clinic. The cream has to be applied around the area of the tattoo. It breaks down all the ink into smaller segments which can gradually dry up over time.
Another very popular cream is Trufade removal cream . I would not say much about it here , if you want to know more about it . Read below
Pros Of Tattoo Removal Cream
- It is very cheap. It does not cost a lot like the other procedures which are usually very costly and is charged on the basis of each appointment which not a lot of people can afford.
- It is really simple and easy to use. There is no need of an expert or to visit the clinic or some specialized person. Anyone can make use of this method by using this cream on their own.
- There are not a lot of complexities which are involved in the treatment. So, there is not a lot of pain. It is extremely painless at first
Cons Of Tattoo Removal Cream
- There are a lot of side effects which are associated with the product. There are numerous reports of instances where there were occurrences of pale patches in the skin until the cream was not used anymore.
- It is very uncomfortable and uneasy. The method in which this works is really uncomfortable for a lot of people. When the cream is applied, there is formation of scab which is very uneasy and may last for a couple of weeks before it falls off or pale patches around the skin till the cream is being used.
My Personal Experience
As a person who in a moment of madness got a very regrettable tattoo and researched more than anyone can, I felt I was the perfect person to come up with this so that not only can I help out those people who have no idea as to how to go about the process but I also felt that I could put my knowledge and deep research into some good use for once and spread the word to help people.
The very first thing that I learned after I had gotten the tattoo and started to regret it was that, what is done is done. You cannot change the past but you can cover it up or hide it. Being a non-tattoo guy I quickly decided that there was no way that I was going to have another tattoo to cover up this mistake as that would be an even bigger mistake which I can never rectify. Thus, I was left with the option of removing my existing tattoo. So, after researching a lot I came to know about my 4 options or treatments that were available to me.
I patiently analysed all the options I had with me. I neglected the cream and the dermabrasion options immediately as I felt that they were not just right for me and the tattoo that I had to remove. So, I was left with two options and had to make a decision which was really tough and excruciating. A moment of madness has brought me to such a point of probably making one of the biggest decisions of my life.
I decided that the knowledge and information that I had already collected on these two procedures were not enough. So, I decided to dig in a little deeper which will help me make the right decision.
Honestly, before I began research I was very biased and favoured Laser treatment much more than the other one as it was a scientific treatment and like every other person out there I believe if something has science behind it then it is probably the best option.
So, I was skeptic about researching more about the other option but still decided to do so just in case. I started researching I came to know that every procedure had some science behind it and I was just attracted to the Laser procedure due to the attractive and false advertisements that are being done by the clinic to make the people blindly go in for them.
It was a good thing I decided to research more because the more I researched, the more I started to look away from the laser. I realised that it was extremely expensive and time consuming too as I had to make numerous appointments to make sure that the tattoo is completely removed and there is no fault in the procedure.
Both from my case to the numerous people I have heard from, opting for Laserless Tattoo Removal is the best option that you can use. Using a simple cream cannot make that tattoo go away in the way that you want to. There are a lot of uncomfortable and uneasy factors which are associated with the cream.
Using a dermabrasion is not a smart choice because removing a layer of the skin is not a right choice, even when it gives easy access to the layer of the ink which can help in removing the tattoo easily. You can never know how long it will take for the skin to grow back and heal. Thus, it is a good decision to avoid and never look at this option.
The most popular method of removing the tattoo is the Laser Removal Method. People make more money by removing tattoos by this method than the money made in putting the tattoo. Not only is this costly, it is painful and has a lot of side effects associated with this.
If you have made a wrong decision and have gotten a tattoo which you regret, do not worry. Know that it can be removed if you want it to be removed. If you have made up your mind to make sure that the tattoo has to be removed, then think no more and opt for the Laserless Tattoo Removal method. If you are still unsure about which method you should do, then give this article a read and it would become crystal clear to you that no other option can even come close enough to this method.